Become a SoleMates Charity Runner
Click here to donate to our SoleMates program or your specific SoleMates athlete!
SoleMates is the charity running (or biking or whatever sport moves you!) component of Girls on the Run. SoleMates participants are individuals (women or men!) who complete athletic events while raising money for Girls on the Run of Silicon Valley.
By becoming a SoleMate, you help bring Girls on the Run to more girls in Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties by helping us keep costs as low as possible at all sites and helping us provide scholarships to girls in need.
Join our SoleMates Team Today!
Each SoleMate—that’s you!—selects an event to train for and dedicates their race to making a difference in the lives of girls in Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties. Each SoleMate commits to a $250 minimum fundraising goal and makes the first $25 donation toward their goal during the registration process. Athletes are encouraged to set their goal high!
Individuals may register and raise funds as a SoleMate for ANY race of ANY distance. Here's how to become a SoleMate:
- Then, register for your event.
- Finally, personalize your free online fundraising page and share your story with friends and family. (Once you register to become a SoleMate, you will receive an email with details on customizing your page!) SoleMates commit to reaching a $250 minimum fundraising goal within 30 days of completing their race but are encouraged to set their goal high!
The Benefits of Becoming a SoleMate
By becoming a SoleMate, not only will you raise funds to help girls in Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties learn to live joyful, healthy, and confident lives, but you’ll also receive support and great perks in return!
As a SoleMate, you receive:
- A Girls on the Run SoleMates shirt
- A great Girls on the Run surprise gift
- A free, customizable online fundraising page where you can share your story, race goal, and fundraising goal with friends and family
- Simple and secure online fundraising through your online page
- Motivation and support from the GOTRSV team
- A sense of pride from making the difference in the life of a girl right here in our community
What our SoleMates are Saying:
"Training for and running a race is already quite an accomplishment but adding on a fundraising component for such a great organization really takes it up a notch. It gives the whole training experience an added significance beyond your own self-betterment – it makes the whole process matter. Knowing that my efforts would ultimately [provide scholarships] for two or three young girls to benefit from the amazing program was such a motivation to my training."
- Kimberly, trained as a SoleMate for the Water to Wine Half Marathon
"If you have a deep-rooted feeling of helping out, do it! It's extremely empowering to be able to help someone you've never met, to know you can somehow help pave the path to a healthy, intelligent young woman."
-Mirella, trained as a SoleMate for the Athleta Esprit de She 5K
"My SoleMates race can easily be an analogy for life. It was a mountainous trail run with many ups and downs, a few falls, and a swarm of hornets but I did it! My first half marathon at age 43! Thinking of each girl I coached—and the promise of new girls—literally helped me to pick myself up, dust off and keep running. Being a SoleMate has been a positive, energizing experience. The euphoria of running for a cause has inspired me to run a full—FLAT—marathon!"
-Amy, trained as a SoleMate for the Summit Rock Trail Half Marathon then ran her first full marathon in Capitola in May 2014! Amy was featured in May 2014 as Garmin's SoleMate of the Month!